I ran into this challenge sometime last winter. The basic premise is to take 30 pieced of clothing (tops, dresses, skirts, pants and shoes) and for 30 days make a different outfit. I had wanted to do this last spring, but Wisconsin had some funky weather in April, and I didn’t get into it.
So this is what I’m going to do for the next few weeks. I promise I won’t bore everyone with a post every week of those outfits. So what I’ll do is put up a separate page here and update my outfits as the days go on.
So, first up, I’ll give you a short run down of my separates for this challenge.
- Jeans. Because that’s all the pants I own (OK. I do own two pairs of dress pants, but they are the most uncomfortable pants I’ve ever worn in my life).
- Mostly black shoes, a pair of pink boots and these. They are pink and orange and crazy. And I love them.
- A little less than half the tops that I have are cardigans/sweaters or jackets. I have a jacket obsession.
Day 1: Wednesday, February 22, 2012
- I wore a pair of dark jeans, a fuchsia sweater, a dark 3/4 sleeved jacket and Vera Wang pink and orange flats. I had to take the jacket off early in the day because it was far too warm in class rooms.
Day 2: Thursday, February 23, 2012
- Thursday I wore a pair of dark blue skinny jeans (which are pretty uncomfortable), a blue beaded cardigan and my usual plain black flats. This isn’t a really original outfit for me, but I hadn’t worn this particular cardi in a while, so I decided to add it to the 30 for 30 Challenge stock pile. It’s a very spring-like top, so I think it’s appropriate.
Day 3: Friday, February 24, 2012
- It’s an actual full length photo! You can get the idea of the whole outfit! I like Fridays because I can wear whatever shoes I want to (within practicality regarding the weather). Today I wore a pair of light/medium (they’re as light as I will go on jeans) Levis, with a white button down shirt and my black wingtip-esque heels that I’ve had since I was 16.
This shirt might not look it, but it is exponentially comfortable. It’s super soft. Usually with button downs or other fancy shirt I switch to a Tee when I get home, but this one I can stick to all day.
So, that’s been the start of my challenge. I’ll try to update the page at least once a week with a little description of my outfit.
27 days left!